Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Atlanta Trip

So, I just got back from a trip to Atlanta, Georgia. My friends Dynamite Dames and JJ DeVour had planned a road trip there for shoots and when some plans of theirs changed, they invited me the day before they were going to leave!

It was such a great opportunity, so great I couldn't refuse! JJ drove me to Texas to pick up Ms Dynamite Dames herself and then we headed to Alabama. We stopped at Sun Records and Graceland on the way! It was so fun! We ended up in Alabama at Cherry Dame's house well into the evening, showered and then passed out.

Woke up the next morning and shot with Dynamite Dames, Cherry Dame as MUAH, and JJ DeVour as my counterpart for some naughty photos! After the shoot we packed up and drove the last bit to out hotel in Atlanta. There was a Rockabilly show that night, so all of us went out and had a blast, but we didn't get back until muuuuch too late for the plans we had the next day! Unfortunately our hotel room was RIGHT above the dance club that was open until 2-3am so sleep was futile. It was so loud that you didn't miss a beat... and that our things rattled on the nightstand. :-/


JJ and I woke up early the next day to Billie Jo Garcia coming to our hotel to do our MUAH for our shoots with Dangerously Dolly! Figured out wardrobe and broke half of my nails before the shoot but I was so stoked. I really admired Ms Dolly before, but after meeting her, and working with her I absolutely adore her! Both her and Billie were fabulous! We shot in one of the coolest warehouses I have seen! I LOVE shooting at unique locations, and really would like to do that more!

Dynamite Dames and Cherry Dame shot their Atlanta bookings and JJ and I explored the stores in the area! We got some rad stuff and then met up with the ladies, and then had dinner before we left town. One veggie burger later we were on the road back to Texas.

It was a long grueling trip back, but we made it to Fort Worth, took a breather and then JJ and I headed back to Oklahoma. We met up with our mopey boys and hung out with them before Eddie and I drove back home late at night. It was a whirlwind trip, but it was an amazing experience.. and I thank everyone involved! So much!

We are already planning to return early 2011 and I would love to book some more shoots, and maybe a show while we'll be there!


Stay Spooktacular Boils and Ghouls!

xoxoxo Vera Voodoo

No comments:

Post a Comment